Mental Health and Wellness
The PCN Mental Health team consists of PCN Therapists who provide brief therapy to youth and adult patients of Wetaskiwin PCN family doctors.
How will counselling help?
- Teaches new coping tools to deal with stressful life events.
- Provides a supportive environment to talk about difficult things without feeling judged.
- Assists with referrals and connects you to community support.
- What kind of things can I talk about?
- Common session topics include:
- Grief and loss
- Caregiver burnout/support
- Stress management
- Symptoms of anxiety or depression
- Adjustment to life transitions
- Healthy boundaries/communication
- Emotional regulation
Should I see the Therapist?
Once a referral is received, you will be contacted by a PCN staff member to book your first appointment. This intake appointment is 30 minutes in length and gives you and the practitioner an opportunity to discuss your intentions for therapy and to determine if we are able to meet your needs or if a further referral is necessary.
How Do I Sign Up?
Speak with your family Physician or Primary Care Nurse or PCN
Multi-disciplinary team member to request a referral.
If you have questions, please call the Wetaskiwin Primary Care Network office at 780.312.2500
Walk-In Counselling is currently not available
* Note: A limited number of spots are available on walk-in counselling days, and are on a first-come-first-served basis.