Chronic Disease Management
Your Primary Care Nurse
Offering services of support, education & counselling.
What is Chronic Disease Management?
Chronic Disease Management (CDM) provides you the opportunity to work with a team of healthcare professionals to best help you with lifestyle, self-management & health care services that are designed to support your overall health.
Our clinical staff members (Nurses, Foot care Nurse, Dietitian, and Therapists) have expert knowledge to help you manage chronic diseases such as:
- Dyslipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Management
These conditions are rarely, if ever, cured & if not managed correctly, may worsen. All of us should take care of ourselves by staying active, eating healthy & following medical instructions.
What will the PCN do for me?
- The PCN can provide you with:
- information about your illness
- strategies to deal with disease management
- provide ongoing support
- help you to monitor your health
- discuss with you about your diet and exercise and how that impacts your health
- meet with you regularly as needed to help you determine how best to manage your health
Interested in participating in a Workshop?
- Quit Core
- Weight Wise
Who is my Nurse?
- Registered Nurses (RNs):
- Associate Clinic – Connie 780.352.7157
- Community Clinic – (contact the PCN for assistance) 780.312.2500
- Family Medical Clinic – Cheryl 780.352.3010
- Tower Professional Clinic – Eileen /Connie 780.352.9700
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Associate Clinic – Lisa
- Family Medical Clinic – Lisa
- Tower Professional Clinic – Lisa
Contact your Physician’s Clinic and ask to make an appointment with the PCN Nurse!